7 Ways to Get “Google Love”
Are you taking your online presence for granted? Just like any love relationship, if you don’t pay attention, things just don’t go well. Your website and online presence needs nurturing and attention. Why bother getting Google Love? By getting Google to pay attention to your business’s online presence, your prospect market can find you and you reap a huge reward.
If you can’t be found online, why bother having a website? Use your website to attract attention to your products and/or services and to drive traffic to your store (real or virtual). Today, more people look online to find where to buy stuff than anywhere else. Ask a twenty-something to get the yellow pages and they probably won’t know what it is or where to find it!
Here is a quick list of ways you can get some Google Love for your website:
- Use keywords in meta tags and website copy – Keywords are the best words to describe your business. What words are typed into the search box to find what your business sells? There is a major science around keywords and how to judge their value. Meta tags are HTML codes that are inserted into the header of a web page, just after the title. While the meta tags are invisible to the web visitor, they provide critical data to the search engines.
- Link Building – This is the act at increasing the number and the quantity of inbound links (also called backlinks or incoming links) to a web page. The more backlinks you have, the more popular your website. Popularity is seen as a trust factor. Google loves to suggest websites it deems as trustworthy.
- Business Profiles – Give an accurate description of your business. Have profiles included in your web pages, social media and other online directories. The task is to create and/or claim your profile. Get started with http://www.google.com/business/placesforbusiness. Then move onto the other directories. The big three directories are Google, Yahoo! and Bing.
- Blogs – This is a website page on which you can record information about your business. The information can be fact or opinion. The material should be added on a regular and frequent basis. Integrating the blog into your website is a great way to keep content fresh and continually updated.
- Articles – Original content including information written about you, your company or your field of expertise. The articles are submitted to trusted article directories, such as EzineArticles. These directories have a lot of site visitors, trust, and respect. They are considered authority sites and get Google Love because of it. Google, Yahoo! and Bing will filter duplicate content, so be careful of article spinning.
- Infographics– Take information, data, statistics and morph it into a graphic. The idea is to improve the understanding of complex information, made clearer. Check out http://visual.ly/business-infographics for templates and great examples.
- Press Releases – Get more authority with a credible link to your business website. Increasing your company’s exposure while improving inbound links may translate to better ranking value. This strategy is controversial, as it relates to search engine optimization (SEO) because of its overuse. There is a growing trend of too much duplication of non-newsworthy press releases as businesses overuse this tool. Check out PR Newswire or PR Web for ideas and tools for distributing press releases online.
As I write this, I realize that Google’s main mission is to confound marketers and experts trying to exploit the tools to improve SEO. Google wants to deliver the best search experience, eliminate the noise, and deliver search results with relevance and authority. Once the landscape tilts to sharply in one direction because too many people take advantage of a tool, Google changes their secret algorithm. It’s the cat and mouse game for this age.
7 Ways to Get “Google Love”
#Ways #Google #Love